Yoga for Children
This Book is a complete guide to Yoga for children and also a manual for parents and teachers. It is a well-illustrated, authoritative, appealing, informative, and enjoyable book. Also, it traces the roots of Yoga in mythology and includes many stories and tales bringing out the quality of, and inspiration for, the Yoga asanas.
- Also stresses the links of the postures to the natural world-trees, mountains, flowers, animals.
- It lays emphasis on the universal moral and ethical values implicit in the practice of Yoga such as non-violence, truth, self-discipline, simplicity, and contentment.
- The book highlights the geometrical forms and precision in the postures so that children can relate to these abstract concepts through what they have learned in their body movements.
- Each Yoga posture is explained through photographs, drawings, stories, and detailed instruction with figures illustrating stages performing the posture.
- Important ‘dos and don’ts and the benefits of each posture are also well explained.
A detailed section for parents and teachers comprising specific guidance on keeping the children practicing Yoga creatively, enjoyably, and safely.